A family that's been traveling the world for over 3 years shares their 7 best tips to find great, cheap places to stay
In May 2012, Erin and Josh Bender - and their two children, Mia, now 6, and Caius, 5 - packed up their lives in Perth, Australia and hit the road.
After traveling to over 60 countries as a family, booking about 40 flights along the way, and staying in hundreds of hotels, resorts, apartments, and homes, they've learned the ins and outs of traveling on the cheap. In fact, "The first year of travel, we ended up saving $40,000," they tell Business Insider. They reduced their bills through a combination of staying in more affordable countries, not having to cover expenses such as utilities, gas, internet, and car insurance like they would at home, and mindful spending.
Here, we've rounded up some of their timeless tips for finding the perfect - and affordable - accommodation wherever you go, along with pictures of some of the places they've stayed around the world:
- SBI report deciphers India's GDP surge and economic projections
- Google begins to enforce Play Store policies in India, to remove non-compliant apps
- Sensex jumps more than 1,000 points on impressive GDP numbers
- Fuel price surge: Oil companies spike commercial LPG rates, impacting metro consumers
- Realme 12+ 5G with Dimensity 7050 chipset to launch in India on March 6