A family that's been traveling the world for over 3 years shares their 7 best tips to find great, cheap places to stay
In May 2012, Erin and Josh Bender - and their two children, Mia, now 6, and Caius, 5 - packed up their lives in Perth, Australia and hit the road.
After traveling to over 60 countries as a family, booking about 40 flights along the way, and staying in hundreds of hotels, resorts, apartments, and homes, they've learned the ins and outs of traveling on the cheap. In fact, "The first year of travel, we ended up saving $40,000," they tell Business Insider. They reduced their bills through a combination of staying in more affordable countries, not having to cover expenses such as utilities, gas, internet, and car insurance like they would at home, and mindful spending.
Here, we've rounded up some of their timeless tips for finding the perfect - and affordable - accommodation wherever you go, along with pictures of some of the places they've stayed around the world:
- Budget 2023-24 highlights: FM spells out seven priorities with inclusive development, green growth & more
- Rupee gains 12 paise to 81.76 against US dollar ahead of Union Budget
- Budget for world's fastest growing economy: Key numbers to be watched
- FM Sitharaman to present Budget on digital device instead of 'bahi-khata'
- Sensex, Nifty50 trade higher ahead of Union Budget 2023: Adani Enterprises, Britannia, Reliance Industries among stocks in focus