A London theater's investigation into Kevin Spacey found 20 allegations of 'inappropriate behavior'
- London's The Old Vic theater found "20 personal testimonies" of alleged inappropriate behavior by Kevin Spacey during his tenure there.
- Spacey was the artistic director of the theater from 2004 to 2015.
- The allegations follow a series of accusations against Spacey, including from Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos, who worked with Spacey at the theater.
London's The Old Vic theater has found "20 personal testimonies" of alleged inappropriate behavior by Kevin Spacey during his tenure as the theater's artistic director.
The theater opened an investigation into Spacey following Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos' allegation last month that Spacey had sexually assaulted young men while working there, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"This investigation concluded that there have been 20 personal allegations of incidents relating to The Old Vic ranging from 1995 to 2013, with the majority falling before 2009," the theater said in a statement on Thursday.
Spacey was the artistic director of the Old Vic from 2004 until 2015. The investigation found that 16 staff members and four other people came forward with a variety of allegations against Spacey.
The Old Vic said a "cult of personality" existed around Spacey that prevented people, particularly junior staff and young actors, from speaking out against him. The theater said no legal claims or formal grievances were made against Spacey during his tenure.
The theater apologized for "not creating an environment or culture where people felt able to speak freely."
"This is clearly unacceptable and the Old Vic truly apologises for not creating an environment or culture where people felt able to speak freely," the theater said.
Spacey's most recent comment on the various allegations against him came early this month from his publicist, who has since dropped him: "Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment."
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- ISRO launches India's largest LVM3 rocket from Sriharikota
- RevFin targets financing 20 lakh electric vehicles in next 5 years
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date