A look inside the Queen's 6 lavish royal residences
WPA Pool / Pool / Getty
According to the Sunday Times Rich List, the Queen has an overall fortune of around £340 million. We revealed last week that a lot of this is spent maintaining her various properties, as well as other important things like helicopters.
She also owns land. Lots of land. The Queen is the owner of the Duchy of Lancaster private estate, which includes swathes of central London and much of rural England and Wales.
What's more, she's the legal owner of the Crown Estate, which is now a private company, but still pays the Queen 15% of its profits via the Treasury. The Crown Estate owns almost all of Regent Street and the entirity of the UK seabed up to about 12 miles off shore - the company is valued at around £11.5 billion.
In short, the Queen "owns" immense amounts of property, but she couldn't sell most of it if she wanted to.
Of her entire portfolio, her prime properties are split between four "official residences" and two privately-owned residences - passed down from her father, George VI. It's in these six opulent houses that the Queen spends almost all of her time.
- Heavy rainfall predicted in Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Idukki and Ernakulam districts by IMD
- Sensex, Nifty extend losses into 4th session; HDFC stock weighs
- Blinkit starts home delivery of 'Make-in-India' iPhone 15, 15 Plus
- SME IPO - Techknowgreen Solutions Limited IPO Oversubscribed 12 Times
- Checkout the ICC Cricket world cup 2023 matches that will be played in Delhi