A mom pulled a loaded gun at a group of teenagers who were bullying her son in the park
Tracy Lesser, 42, reportedly brought the gun to the park after her 15-year-old son texted her asking for protection from the bullies, according to the New York Daily News.
"Did I intend to use the gun? Absolutely not," Tracy Leeser told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "But I felt that was my only safeguard against being killed that night. Worst-case scenario, yes, I would have used it. But I didn't."
A video taken by one of the alleged bullies during the August 26 confrontation shows the mother exchanging insults with the teens and waving a handgun, while her husband, Don, walks around with a baseball bat in the background.
According to the Post-Dispatch, the confrontation was the result of an incident that occurred a few days earlier when Don Lesser chased one of the alleged bullies - 18-year old Terrance Ware - down the street with a pocketknife after he had broken up a fight between two of Ware's friends in front of his home.
"When she aimed the gun at me, I was kind of shocked," 15-year old Tyrelle Ware, brother to Terrance, told TV station KMOV.
Police eventually broke up the confrontation, and the Lessers have not been charged at this time, although the Daily News says police are still examining the video.
"If they don't get charged, what kind of example are we setting for our children - that it's OK to pull guns on kids?" said Christina Halton, mother of the Ware brothers, to the Post-Dispatch. "No, this is not how we deal with kids."
According to the Post-Dispatch, over the weekend, somebody reportedly fired a dozen rounds of BB pellets into the Lessers' front window in a potential act of retaliation.
- I bought a car wash at 22 years old. It basically runs itself — and I make $5,500 in passive income each month.
- Companies say Elon Musk's plan to charge $1,000 for month for Twitter checkmarks is 'outlandish' and makes them 'meaningless'
- A lawyer who quit to become an OnlyFans performer says she now makes more money and is happier
- Fired H1B visa holders have 'multiple options', wrong to assume they have to leave in 60 days: USCIS director
- NSE, BSE put Adani Green Energy under second stage of longterm ASM framework from Mar 28
- Two multibagger stocks under Nifty500 doubled investors money in last six months
- Disney's first job cut round begins this week, 7,000 employees to be hit: CEO
- Sensex, Nifty50 edge lower in morning trade: All Adani group stocks in the red