A new poll shows nearly 50% of Democratic voters believe Franken should resign
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
- Half of Democrats believe Sen. Al Franken should resign.
- Franken has rebuffed calls to leave office, instead agreeing to an ethics investigation in the Senate amid allegations of sexual harassment.
Nearly half of all Democratic voters said Sen. Al Franken should step aside following allegations that he groped two women without their consent.
A Politico/Morning Consult poll released Tuesday showed that 49% of Democratic registered voters said the Minnesota senator should resign, just 1% point below the 50% of registered voters overall who said Franken should resign.
The poll showed that 25% of Democrats said he should not resign, and 67% of Democrats said he should be subject to an official Senate ethics investigation.
The poll surveyed 2,586 registered voters between November 16 and 19, and had a margin of error of plus or minus two percentage points.
The Minnesota senator has apologized for his actions, but he has rebuffed calls to step aside, agreeing instead to participate in an official ethics investigation into his behavior, which was partially captured in a widely-circulated photograph of him reaching for a woman's chest while she was asleep.
While prominent Democrats have dodged questions on whether Franken should leave office, many left-leaning media outlets and writers have increasingly called on him to resign.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World