A regional pizza chain with a cult following is adding a new menu item to honor the man who went viral for stuffing his face with pizza outside the Michael Cohen hearing
- A Georgetown University student was caught on camera scarfing down a pizza from the Washington, DC-based chain &pizza in the hallway outside the Michael Cohen hearing on Wednesday.
- The incident quickly went viral, with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tweeting: "I did the same thing afterwards."
- &pizza has added a "Hallway Pizza" to the menu to honor the viral moment and has started a Go Fund Me to keep the pizza lover well fed.
A Washington, DC-based pizza chain is adding a new menu item after a viral moment this week.
On Wednesday, an intern was caught on camera wolfing down pizza in the hallway outside the Michael Cohen hearing, in the background of a CBS News report.
A tweet of showing the moment quickly went viral:
Others piled on with their own reactions to the pizza wolfing incident:
On Thursday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez retweeted the video, adding: "To be fair, the hearing yesterday went 9 hours and there's little/no time to eat. I did the same thing afterwards."
&pizza, the chain behind the pizza in question, was quick to jump on the viral moment.
On Thursday morning, the chain announced it was adding a new "Hallway Pizza" to the menu to honor the photobomb. The pizza is topped with pepperoni, salami, Italian sausage, spicy tomato sauce, mozzarella, banana peppers and barbecue sauce, and available in all &pizza stores starting on Thursday.
According to &pizza, the chain was able to get in touch with the man behind the hallway pizza - a Georgetown University student named Thomas.
"We've been in touch with him but while he's adjusting to the newfound stardom, we've created a GoFundMe so he doesn't have to worry about buying pies for a while," &pizza's head of strategy Kevin Blesy told Business Insider in an email.
tfw you go to eat your hallway pizza and get told you're in the live shot pic.twitter.com/ppkq9PJraO- Mike Uehlein (@MikeUehlein) February 27, 2019
Raise your hand if you've needed a hallway pizza at one time or another- Pizza Hut (@pizzahut) February 28, 2019
To be fair, the hearing yesterday went 9 hours and there's little/no time to eat. I did the same thing afterwards https://t.co/cnnzQAysnb- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) February 28, 2019
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World