A startup added one small step to their job application process - and no one has quit in 3 years
Job interviews are tricky things.
They're a crucial part of the hiring process. But when it comes to vetting the best candidates, interviews alone often aren't enough.
Interviewees can game recruiters. And interviewers can allow their own biases to block out qualified candidates.
Fortunately, job interviews aren't the only hiring strategies at a recruiter's disposal.
As a result of this hiring strategy, no one has quit the 50-person company in three years, Pham told Business Insider.
As part of Mogul's hiring process works, candidates go through three to four rounds of interviews - three for local hires, four if they're based out of town.
The last round of the hiring process looks a bit different, however. Instead of sitting down for another job interview, candidates spend a day in Mogul's office working on the team they're being considered for.
Pham said the process helps the candidate get to know their potential colleagues as well as a real sense of the work culture.
"That enables them to really see for themselves whether they're really a good fit inside the company," Pham told Business Insider. "Ultimately it's for us to see whether they'd be a great match for our culture as well."
She said the trial run, coupled with a series of rigorous interviews, helps all parties determine whether or not the applicant will be a good fit.
"We spend a lot of the day just getting to know this person and enabling them to get to know us as well," she said.
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal