After Doug Kass Tweeted Apple Might Do A Stock Split, He Started Selling His Shares
Yesterday, investment manager, and media personality, Doug Kass tweeted a rumor that Apple was going to announce a stock split today.
Right around the time he fired off his tweet,
Was it because of his tweet? It's hard to say. Stocks move in mysterious ways. We really don't know what was driving the gain. But, the simplest explanation would be that Kass's tweet could have driven the stock.notes Philip Elmer DeWitt.
He was selling his shares because, upon closer inspection, he decided the rumor made no sense.
Kudos to Kass for being transparent, but boy does it look fishy. He was getting hammered on Twitter and defended himself by saying the stock split rumor has been floating around for days, and just picked up steam because we're closer to the shareholder meeting.
He also called people who said he was breaking the law "dumbie" on Twitter. So, there's that.
Whatever the case may be, it's one of those sketchy areas that's a good reminder not to treat everything you hear on Twitter as the gospel truth. But, you already knew that.
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley