After missing its original release date and angering fans, Kanye West's next album is now scheduled to come out in November
Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
- Kanye West's next album, "Yandhi," was scheduled to drop on Saturday night, but it didn't.
- On Monday, his wife, Kim Kardashian West, announced on Twitter that the album will instead debut on November 23, which is Black Friday.
- West has garnered controversy this year for his pro-Trump stance, which made headlines again over the weekend when he went on "SNL" wearing a MAGA hat and began a rant where he praised Trump in the final moments of the broadcast before his mic was cut off.
Kanye West failed to deliver on his promise to release his next album, "Yandhi," on Saturday, leaving fans confused and angry. But for those still sticking with West who are willing to wait a little longer, "Yandhi" officially has a new release date.
West's wife, Kim Kardashian West, tweeted on Monday that the album is now scheduled to drop on November 23 - Black Friday - and said it will be "worth the wait."
West tweeted last Thursday that "Yandhi" would be released on Saturday, when West was the musical guest on "Saturday Night Live." Instead, West ranted about Donald Trump during an off-air speech that was met with mostly negative reactions from the studio audience.
"If I was concerned about racism I would've moved out of America a long time ago," West said.
West has courted controversy this year for his pro-Trump stance. On Sunday, West tweeted a photo of himself wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. The caption said, "this represents good and America becoming whole again. We will no longer outsource to other countries. We build factories here in America and create jobs. We will provide jobs for all who are free from prisons as we abolish the 13th amendment. Message sent with love."
He later clarified his comments on the 13th Amendment, saying in a later tweet, "the 13th Amendment is slavery in disguise meaning it never ended We are the solution that heals." He then tweeted that he wants the 13th Amendment to be amended, not abolished.
Earlier that day, Trump tweeted, "Like many, I don't watch Saturday Night Live (even though I past hosted it) - no longer funny, no talent or charm. It is just a political ad for the Dems. Word is that Kanye West, who put on a MAGA hat after the show (despite being told "no"), was great. He's leading the charge!"
West retweeted it on Monday.
"Yandhi" will be West's second-solo album of the year following "Ye," which dropped in June.
Nov 23 Black Friday YANDHI TRUST ME it is worth the wait- Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) October 1, 2018
this represents good and America becoming whole again. We will no longer outsource to other countries. We build factories here in America and create jobs. We will provide jobs for all who are free from prisons as we abolish the 13th amendment. Message sent with love pic.twitter.com/a15WqI8zgu- ye (@kanyewest) September 30, 2018
NOW WATCH: How fake weather is made for TV and movies
- Maruti Suzuki to Hyundai – car makers offer huge year-end discounts to push sales
- Demand for private credit booms in 2023 as funding winter deepens
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones
- Hiring activity for white-collar jobs dips 12% during Oct-Nov
- ED files first charge sheet against Chinese smartphone maker Vivo-India, others