Airbnb just raised a massive $1 billion round of funding that values the company at around $31 billion
CNBC was the first to report the closing of the round.
Airbnb raised $555,462,180 as part of its Series F round late last year, according to a source close to the company, and Thursday's SEC filing shows it has now closed its Series F raise with another $447,849,885, bringing the total raise to over $1 billion.
The most recent round was oversubscribed, a source told Business Insider.
According to a source close to the company, Airbnb has "no plans to go public anytime soon," but was profitable in the second half of 2016. The startup expects to continue to be profitable in 2017.
Airbnb declined to comment.
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes