Airtel ups its game by launching V-Fibre- ‘super fast’ broadband service with free trails up to three months
Airtel has launched its V-Fiber 'superfast broadband' service in Chennai. The new new
With ‘V-Fiber’, Airtel is looking to deploy additional capacity up to colonies and neighbourhoods and has also upgraded its local exchanges with equipment to handle fiber speeds. Airtel claims ‘V-Fiber’ will enable superfast data speeds and enable HD video streaming, heavy file downloads and uploads in a multi-device environment (over Wi-Fi).
Speaking at the launch, Ajai Puri, Director - Operations,
Importantly, the operator says there is no new wiring, drilling etc. required at an existing customer’s premises. One simply needs to upgrade to a new modem to experience ‘V-Fiber’ speeds. Existing Airtel broadband customers can upgrade to ‘V-Fiber’ speeds with their current plan at no extra monthly cost for one month. If they are not happy with the service within one month, Airtel will refund the modem charges and the amount will be adjusted in the next bill cycle. New customers will get Unlimited three months trial offer.
Also Read: Airtel counters Reliance Jio: Gives MyAirtel app a makeover
Popular on BI
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so