Alibaba-backed Paytm gets greenlight from India's market regulator to launch stock broking services
- Paytm’s subsidiary
Paytm Moneyhas received the approval from market regulator SEBIto start stock broking.
- The company has also partnered with BSE and NSE.
- Paytm’s parent company is reportedly in talks to raise funding which will take its valuation to $18 billion.
AdvertisementIndian fintech unicorn Paytm’s subsidiary – Paytm Money has received approval from Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) the market regulator to start stock broking. With this, one can soon start buying shares through Paytm Money.
Additionally, Paytm Money has also signed a partnership with the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange. In an official blog, the company wrote, “We will be introducing new capabilities & offerings on our platform, such as trading in equities & cash segments, derivatives, ETFs and exchange traded products.”
While the feature is not live yet, the company is building a reliable platform and is also working on “integrations with both exchanges and depository”.
Paytm’s parent company One97 communications has been growing its business through multiple verticals. Be it Paytm Money or the troubled Paytm Mall, the company has been bullish about its growth trajectory.
There are reports about One97 communications raising its next round of funding for $2 billion which will take the company’s valuation to $18 billion. Japanese investment firm
Paytm is competing with almost everyone in Indian e-commerce
After 7 years in India, Amazon has finally learnt that there is more money offline
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry