Amazing images of San Francisco before it was a city
Golden Gate Park, the 1,000-acre green space south of the famous bridge that turns 80 years old this year, is located on what was once the largest sand dune ecosystem in the western hemisphere. These dunes spanned seven miles, essentially the entire width of modern-day San Francisco.
About two square miles of dunes still exist today, but the Bay Area has evolved a great deal since then.
Take a look at the maps, paintings, and historical photographs that show the journey of San Francisco.
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade
- Billionaires to Bollywood: All invited to Anant Ambani's pre-wedding festivities
- No 'Mann ki Baat' broadcast for 3 months in view of polls: PM Modi