Amazon India is expanding its portfolio in India with the upcoming launch of its audio book service, Audible
- Amazon is planning to launch its
audiobookservice, Audible, in Indiawith unlimited access to Audible channels for its active Audible users and and Prime members.
- The service provides a 30-day free trial so that users can test the service before deciding whether or not to invest in the long-term subscription of ₹199 per month.
- That being said, the service is still in beta mode with a full roll out expected soon.
Earlier, if users in the country tried to access the service they were greeted by a message saying that the ‘service was unavailable’. But that’s no longer the case.
The service is going to be a boon for Amazon Prime members and active Audible members as it provides them with unlimited access to audible channels. For those who don’t fall under the Amazon Prime category can enjoy the channels for over 30 minutes a week provided they use a compatible Audible app for iOS, Android or Windows 10. The services would provide access to over 2,00,000 audio books.
Test launched during India’s festive season, Audible seems affordable at the price tag of ₹199 per month, as well as a 30-day free trial to test the service out in case users are unsure of whether or not they want to make the final purchase.
Amazon Audible is nothing but a service that reads books for you. So, when you’re too tired to read it out to yourself, Audible does it for you. It even has a list of narrators including big-shots like Stephen Fry, Jim Dale and Jeremy Irons.
Apart from the regular subscription, Amazon is offering Indian subscribers one credit a month so they’re able to buy books regardless of their price. But that process does take more time and the book needs to be a part of Audible India Catalogue.
In case users choose to cancel their subscriptions, any audiobooks purchased will continue to be a part of their library regardless.
And, in case you already own the Amazon Echo, you can sync with Audible so that Alexa can read to you. However, the Amazon Audible audiobook service is currently in beta stage with the final roll out expected to happen sometime soon.
Popular on BI
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden