Amazon is making huge physical bets in defiance of the retail apocalypse
Matt Weinberger/Business Insider
But the online giant is increasingly moving into the physical world, opening spaces in malls, shopping districts, and even local strip malls. It's a move that signals the company's ambitions are larger than ecommerce.
One reason that may be, an anonymous source told CNBC, is that Amazon is seeing online sales go up in areas that have physical stores. Brick-and-mortar stores increase customer awareness of the brand, and it's extra fuel for the Amazon engine.
Here are all the ways that Amazon has expanded into the physical world so far.
- 7 Must visit temples in Andhra Pradesh
- Fuel your brain: 7 Foods to enhance mental sharpness during exam time
- I'm still the CEO, management remains unchanged: Byju Raveendran
- As many as 275 cases of rape in custody registered from 2017-22: NCRB
- Monthly household consumer spending more than doubled in last decade