Amazon may have just had its best Black Friday yet. Here's what shoppers were buying.
- Amazon said that its Black Friday sales event beat last year's in terms of the number of items sold.
- Customers purchased more than one million toys and 700,000 fashion items in just the first nine hours of Black Friday.
- These were Amazon's top-selling items on Black Friday, according to the company.
Amazon may have just had its best Black Friday yet.
The company said Monday that customers shopped Black Friday deals at "record levels" and that it beat last year's event in terms of the number of items sold. Amazon ran a week of sales leading up to Black Friday, but the day itself remains one of the biggest single sales days of the year for the company.
Amazon also started its Cyber Monday Deals Week on Saturday, November 24. It promised "deeper discounts and even more selection" this year.
Last year, Amazon announced that Cyber Monday 2017 was its largest single sales day ever. Prime Day in 2018 surpassed it as an event, though that lasted 36 hours, so it's likely Cyber Monday still holds the crown for a single-day event.
Walmart, one of Amazon's biggest online-shopping rivals, is also doubling down on Cyber Monday, promising more inventory and steeper discounts.
These were Amazon's best-selling items on Black Friday, according to the company:
Fire TV Stick 4K with all-new Alexa Voice Remote
Fire 7 Tablet
Instant Pot (DUO80 8 Quart and DUO60 6 Quart)
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blue-Ray)
The Amazon Smart Plug was also a top seller over the weekend, though not on Black Friday itself.
23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service was also a top seller from the weekend.
The top-selling categories from the weekend include toys ...
... fashion ...
... and home.
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World