#FOMO Alert: Amazon joins Rahul Bose's 'banana' wagon
- Amazon Prime has listed down all the things a person can avail in ₹442, the same amount spent by
Rahul Boseto purchase two bananas at a five-star hotel in Chandigarh.
- Amazon says people can even save ₹55 after having access to at least six services by Amazon for three months.
- Last week, Bollywood actor Rahul Bose posted a bill showing the hefty amount charged by J.W. Marriot for two bananas.
In a quirky tweet, Amazon Prime has listed down all the things a person can avail in ₹442, the amount Rahul Bose spent on two bananas at a five-star hotel. Amazon says that people can even save ₹55 after having access to at least six of their services including prime membership for three months.
prime subscription is just Rs. 129 per month btw https://t.co/oqzA81ssan— amazon prime video IN (@PrimeVideoIN) 1564066786000
Last week, Bollywood Actor Rahul Bose posted a bill showing the hefty amount charged by J W Marriot in Chandigarh, for two bananas. The actor paid ₹442 for two bananas which are readily available in the local fruit market for less than ₹20.
You have to see this to believe it. Who said fruit wasn’t harmful to your existence? Ask the wonderful folks at… https://t.co/NqZEXcb57l— Rahul Bose (@RahulBose1) 1563794185000
The post went viral on Twitter making people share their ‘Rahul Bose Moment’. J.W Marriot got into trouble in addition to being trolled for overcharging fresh fruits. Chandigarh's tax department ordered an investigation on the hotel for illegally imposing GST or Goods and Services Tax. The law doesn't allow hotels to charge GST on fresh fruits.
Indian hotels are amongst the highly taxed in the world. Luxury stays in five-star hotel start from ₹15,000 and can go up to ₹50,000 for a night. These charges don't include food or spa services. Most hotels levy as much as 28% GST on many services.
- Richest entrepreneurs under 40 named in the IIFL Wealth Hurun list became more richer by 12% in last one year
- Time taken to deliver items & returns are the key pain points for e-comm consumers
- DGCI allows Serum Institute to export malaria vaccine to UK
- Upcoming cars launching in India in October 2022
- Gurgaon-based Indifi disbursed ₹2,800 crore worth of loans to small business owners
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Reliance Retail
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World