Flipkart’s ‘House of Flagships’ is its latest bid to get the ‘edge’ over Amazon in India
Business Insider India
- After losing its crown to Amazon last year, Walmart-owned Flipkart’s latest bid to win over the market share is a new project called ‘
- Spotted on the Flipkart App, the ‘
House of Flagships’ is an exclusive portal for flagship smartphones.
- There also seem to plans to roll out membership for the House of Flagships, which will give members exclusive privileges — the details of which are still unknown.
After losing its throne in the Indian market to Amazon in 2018, Flipkart is looking to get its ‘edge’ back with the ‘House of Flagships’. The Oppo Reno and Pixel 3a are already listed with the promise of more flagship phones in the near future.
AdvertisementSpotted on the Flipkart App, under the mobile category, the portal describes itself as the ‘Home of the most innovative and cutting-edge flagship phones on Flipkart’.
More than just portal, Flipkart Edge seems to be a sort of club that requires users to sign up. Upon attaining membership they will be privy to ‘Art of Photography’, ‘Game Mode On’ and ‘Tech Gyaan’ — the details of which are still unknown.
But even without membership it seems that Flipkart is promising the usual complete mobile protection at ₹99, multiple payments option and express delivery of phones within 12 hours.
What’s new is the ‘Love it or Return it Challenge’ that gives users the option to return their phones within 90 days — that’s 3 months — of purchase with a 90% buyback value.
AdvertisementFlipkart had so far led the Indian market but Amazon took its crown away recording $7.5 billion in gross merchandise value ( GVM) in 2018. One of the categories where Amazon zipped ahead of the competition was electronics — smartphones, specifically.
Aside from the ‘exclusivity’ angle, the fact that there is a membership plan involved will help the brand retain its customers. The effect also trickles down to Flipkart’s partner smartphone brands
In addition to the listed flagship phones by Oppo and Google, the Asus Zenfone 6Z is also scheduled to launch exclusively on Flipkart once it makes it way to India.
Samsung, Lenovo, Meuizu, Nubia, Poco, and Honor are already listed on the banner head indicating that their flagship devices will probably also be launched on Flipkart.
Flipkart is bringing in robots to help it sort through packages
Walmart could exit from Flipkart because of India's new FDI rules
Amazon and Flipkart are off the hook — You’ll still be able to buy the Amazon Echo and MarQ products online
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Bank gross NPAs to rise to 8-9%, stressed assets to touch 10-11%, says CRISIL Report
- IIM-Ahmedabad incubator invests in an under-trial AI startup that can possibly predict cancer and lead to drug discovery
- HP launches a new campaign with Boman Irani to challenge cultural stereotypes around gaming
- WhatsApp rolls out redesigned icons, working on “Done” and “Undo” buttons for media editing
- Facebook tests new feature that will allow users to cross-post their videos and photos on Instagram
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons