Amazon welcomed guests to its biggest event of the year with a twerking robotic teddy bear that syncs with Alexa
- Amazon held its biggest event of the year Wednesday where it debuted new Echo smart speakers and other Alexa-enabled devices.
- Outside of the event at the company's Seattle headquarters, Amazon set up a table showing off its smart products, which included a twerking plush teddy bear compatible with the Alexa voice assistant.
- The bear - made by a company called Gemmy - pairs with Amazon Echo devices, and twerks along to music, alarms, and timers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
These days, everything from kitchen appliances to doorbells come with technologically savvy features and virtual voice assistants - including a plush, dancing teddy bear that twerks at Alexa's command.
Amazon held its biggest event of the year Wednesday, and debuted a number of new smart speakers and other products equipped with its Alexa voice assistant. According to pictures from the event, held at Amazon's Seattle headquarters, the company showed off some of its newest products for attendees to try out.
One of those products was a twerking stuffed bear made by a company called Gemmy. The teddy bear has been on the market for a little while now, but the bear took center stage Wednesday while showing off its dance moves.
Gemmy makes a whole line of twerking plush toys. Besides the traditional teddy bear, Gemmy also makes a twerking Santa and twerking Christmas bear. All of the twerking toys need an Amazon Echo device to sync up with in order to work. Once they're synced up, the twerking Gemmy toy will respond to a number of Alexa-powered voice commands. The twerking bear will dance to Amazon Music (no other music streaming services, however,), lip-sync the weather and other commands coming from your Echo device, and also twerk to your alarms, timers, and event notifications.
Gemmy's twerking bear initially sold for $40, but each of the twerking Alexa-enabled toys are available for $10 each on Amazon to buy today.
It's been more than a decade since the dancing robotic i-Dog was the hottest, tech-savvy music accessory in every middle schooler's bedroom. But the Gemmy twerking bear is its natural successor - with dance moves for the modern-day, Generation Z teen.
Amazon's outdoor waiting area has a house full of Alexa demos including, and I cannot stress this enough, a twerking teddy bear. pic.twitter.com/yXPZBTTcJ6- Dieter Bohn (@backlon) September 25, 2019
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons