Amazon welcomed guests to its biggest event of the year with a twerking robotic teddy bear that syncs with Alexa
- Amazon held its biggest event of the year Wednesday where it debuted new Echo smart speakers and other Alexa-enabled devices.
- Outside of the event at the company's Seattle headquarters, Amazon set up a table showing off its smart products, which included a twerking plush teddy bear compatible with the Alexa voice assistant.
- The bear - made by a company called Gemmy - pairs with Amazon Echo devices, and twerks along to music, alarms, and timers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
These days, everything from kitchen appliances to doorbells come with technologically savvy features and virtual voice assistants - including a plush, dancing teddy bear that twerks at Alexa's command.Amazon held its biggest event of the year Wednesday, and debuted a number of new smart speakers and other products equipped with its Alexa voice assistant. According to pictures from the event, held at Amazon's Seattle headquarters, the company showed off some of its newest products for attendees to try out.
Gemmy makes a whole line of twerking plush toys. Besides the traditional teddy bear, Gemmy also makes a twerking Santa and twerking Christmas bear. All of the twerking toys need an Amazon Echo device to sync up with in order to work. Once they're synced up, the twerking Gemmy toy will respond to a number of Alexa-powered voice commands. The twerking bear will dance to Amazon Music (no other music streaming services, however,), lip-sync the weather and other commands coming from your Echo device, and also twerk to your alarms, timers, and event notifications.Gemmy's twerking bear initially sold for $40, but each of the twerking Alexa-enabled toys are available for $10 each on Amazon to buy today.
It's been more than a decade since the dancing robotic i-Dog was the hottest, tech-savvy music accessory in every middle schooler's bedroom. But the Gemmy twerking bear is its natural successor - with dance moves for the modern-day, Generation Z teen.
Amazon's outdoor waiting area has a house full of Alexa demos including, and I cannot stress this enough, a twerking teddy bear. pic.twitter.com/yXPZBTTcJ6- Dieter Bohn (@backlon) September 25, 2019
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official