Amazon welcomed guests to its biggest event of the year with a twerking robotic teddy bear that syncs with Alexa
- Amazon held its biggest event of the year Wednesday where it debuted new Echo smart speakers and other Alexa-enabled devices.
- Outside of the event at the company's Seattle headquarters, Amazon set up a table showing off its smart products, which included a twerking plush teddy bear compatible with the Alexa voice assistant.
- The bear - made by a company called Gemmy - pairs with Amazon Echo devices, and twerks along to music, alarms, and timers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
Gemmy makes a whole line of twerking plush toys. Besides the traditional teddy bear, Gemmy also makes a twerking Santa and twerking Christmas bear. All of the twerking toys need an Amazon Echo device to sync up with in order to work. Once they're synced up, the twerking Gemmy toy will respond to a number of Alexa-powered voice commands. The twerking bear will dance to Amazon Music (no other music streaming services, however,), lip-sync the weather and other commands coming from your Echo device, and also twerk to your alarms, timers, and event notifications.Gemmy's twerking bear initially sold for $40, but each of the twerking Alexa-enabled toys are available for $10 each on Amazon to buy today.
It's been more than a decade since the dancing robotic i-Dog was the hottest, tech-savvy music accessory in every middle schooler's bedroom. But the Gemmy twerking bear is its natural successor - with dance moves for the modern-day, Generation Z teen.
Amazon's outdoor waiting area has a house full of Alexa demos including, and I cannot stress this enough, a twerking teddy bear. pic.twitter.com/yXPZBTTcJ6- Dieter Bohn (@backlon) September 25, 2019
- Fino Payments Bank files papers for ₹1,300 crore IPO
- OfBusiness, a platform that helps SMEs get raw materials, becomes the newest unicorn from India
- Tokyo Olympics: India's P V Sindhu loses to world number one Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei in the semis
- Droom founder explains why he is considering a US IPO and where he intends to spend the money
- 21 new COVID-19 cases reported at Tokyo Olympics, no athletes among them