Amex acquired restaurant-booking platform Resy, and to celebrate it's offering cardholders bonus points on reservations through September
- Amex recently acquired the restaurant reservation-booking service Resy.
- Through September 30 you can earn 500 Amex points on Resy bookings (on up to three bookings, for a total of up to 1,500 Amex points).
- Amex has one of the best cards for dining purchases, the American Express® Gold Card, so this is a good opportunity to earn even more bonus points when you eat out.
- Amex card members will also get early access to Resy's Off Menu Week in New York and other upcoming Resy events.
Amex recently acquired Resy, a restaurant reservation-booking platform, to beef up its "experiential" cardmember benefits. Now, we're getting a taste of what this partnership will mean for Amex cardholders, as the two brands are running a bonus points promotion, in addition to launching early access for upcoming dining events.
Earn up to 1,500 Amex points with Resy
When you make a restaurant reservation through Resy now through September 30 and pay with an eligible US-issued Amex card that earns Membership Rewards points, you can earn 500 points per reservation on up to three reservations, for a total of up to 1,500 points.
Amex points are some of the most valuable rewards around, because you can use them to book travel both directly through the Amex Travel portal and with airline and hotel partners when you transfer your points to their respective loyalty programs. Travel website The Points Guy estimates that Amex Membership Rewards points are worth 2 cents apiece, so if you make three eligible reservations to earn 1,500 points you're looking at about $30 in value.
That may not seem huge, but those points are in addition to the rewards you'll earn on your dining purchase by using a credit card. The Amex Gold card earns 4x points at restaurants, so stacking this Resy promotion with earnings from that card can help you boost your Membership Rewards balance to inch closer to a trip with partners like ANA, Delta, and Virgin Atlantic.
There are some rules to keep in mind for this promotion. For example, you need to add your eligible Amex card(s) to your Resy wallet in order to earn the bonus points.
Early Resy event access for Amex cardholders
In addition to the bonus points promo, Amex and Resy are offering Amex cardholders early access to some upcoming Resy dining event series:
- Off Menu Week NYC - 72 hours' early access to reservations at participating restaurants starting August 19.
- New Resy event series - 48 hours' early access to Resy's fall and winter dining events, including a dinner series with Danny Bowien, the chef behind Mission Chinese.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. What you decide to do with your money is up to you. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter
- Best keyboard for writers in India
- Best large size party speakers in India