Android's Green Robot Logo Was Inspired By Bathroom Signs
Irina Blok was a designer at Google who gets little recognition for her former team's now-famous creation: the green Android robot logo. She told The New York Times how it was created.
Three years ago, Google told Blok to create a symbol for the company's mobile devices that would resonate with people. Google wanted it to include a robot.Blok's inspiration came from a interesting, clever place: bathroom doors. The outlines of men and women have become universally recognized, so she mimicked the design for Android.
Here's a reminder of what male and female bathroom signs look like:
And here's what the green Android robot looks like:
- Mutant strain COVID-19 tally reaches 165 in India, says the Health Ministry
- Apple to launch its 'strict' new privacy feature in next iOS 14 beta
- Instagram launches new layout for "Stories" feature for desktop users
- Honda to export new City 2020 from India to left-hand drive markets
- WhatsApp to add additional security layer for users to link account to computers