Announcing The 18th Annual Webby Awards Winners
After a long, thrilling, and competitive season - marked by 12,000 entries and millions of votes in The Webby People's Voice Awards - the winners of The 18th Annual Webby Awards have officially been revealed.
It's been a huge year for those vying for what The New York Times calls "the Internet's highest honor," and now it's time to celebrate the winners for representing the best of the Web.
In addition to recognizing outstanding work across Websites, Online Film & Video, Interactive Advertising & Media, Social, and Mobile & Apps, The Webbys will be recognizing Special Achievement Winners. Here are the individuals being recognized for their amazing work this year:
- The groundbreaking crowdfunding platform Kickstarter is Breakout of the Year.
- Innovative hip-hop trio De La Soul is being honored as Artist of the Year.
- Webby Special Achievement Award goes to the brilliant Freddie Wong.
- The inspiring Jamaican Bobsled Team is Athlete of the Year.
- And cofounder of Creative Commons, Dr. Lawrence Lessig, is being honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
With 2014 marking the 25th anniversary of the Web, the 18th Annual Webby Awards show, which is taking place in New York City on May 19, promises to be exceptional.
And thanks to the miracle of the Internet, you can catch it all online.
The show highlights and full ceremony - with its 5-Word Speeches, special appearances, performances, and of course the hilarity of host Patton Oswalt - will be available on demand starting Tuesday, May 20, at WebbyAwards.com.
- Electric two-wheeler sales grow by 24% in February 2024, Ola Electric leads with over 40% market share
- Gupshup launches Conversation Cloud, AI-powered tool for businesses
- Platinum Industries shares make market debut with over 33% premium
- Exicom Tele-Systems' shares debut with nearly 87% premium
- China retains 5% growth target for 2024 as economy struggles to shake off slowdown