Antonio Brown scores his first touchdown with the New England Patriots
AP Photo/Lynne Sladky
- Antonio Brown scored his first touchdown with the New England Patriots on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.
- Brown's score comes after a tumultuous offseason that included a bizarre stint in Oakland and sexual assault allegations that came to light shortly after joining the Patriots.
- The NFL is reportedly set to meet with Brown's accuser on Monday as the league continues its investigation.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Antonio Brown scored his first touchdown as a New England Patriot on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins.
With just over a minute left in the first half, Patriot quarterback Tom Brady threw to Brown's outside shoulder just as he crossed the goal line to give the reigning league leader in touchdown receptions his first score of 2019.
Brown's touchdown comes after a tumultuous offseason spent in Oakland, which included injuring his foot during cryotherapy, a dispute with the NFL over the right to wear his preferred helmet, and numerous questionable posts on social media.
After the Raiders cut ties with Brown, he was quickly picked up by the Patriots on a one-year deal. The day after agreeing to join New England, Brown was accused of sexually assaulting fitness trainer Britney Taylor on three occasions in a federal lawsuit filed in the Southern District of Florida.
In a statement from his attorney, Brown denied "each and every allegation in the lawsuit" and that the two engaged in a "consensual personal relationship."
Some thought Brown might wind up on the commissioner's exempt list as the league gathered more information on the allegations, but Brown was left off the list and thus able to play for the Patriots in Miami. Depending on what information comes to light through the course of the league's investigation, it remains possible that Brown is put on the list at a later date.
On Sunday morning, ESPN's Jeff Darlington reported that Brown had declined to sign a $2 million-plus agreement with Taylor to settle a sexual assault allegation.
Taylor is reportedly set to meet with the NFL on Monday as a part of the league's investigation into the allegations.
Brown finished the first half with four catches for 56 yards and a score.
- Better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regulate work from home with a comprehensive framework
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit