Apple ends a six-year drought for the Mac Pro with an insanely powerful, redesigned new model that starts at $5,999
Apple just announced and showed off its new Mac Pro computer, a computer that hasn't been updated since 2013.The new Mac Pro has a completely different design than the 2013 "trashcan" Mac Pro. It looks like a traditional desktop tower PC, albeit with a little more chrome and shiny metal than you'd find on most PC towers. It's priced starting at $5,999, and will be available later in the fall of this year.Advertisement
Apple also announced the new Mac Pro will be modular, which will easily let you switch out parts to customize the Mac Pro the way you want.
Apple said the Mac Pro can be configured with a new Intel Xeon processor with up to 28 cores, which is insane. Most consumer-level processors have between four to eight cores.
It can also support an insane amount of RAM - up to 1.4 terabytes (1,400 GB) of RAM. For reference, 16GB of RAM is considered pretty good for most people, while 8GB of RAM is about standard these days.But that's a Mac Pro with all the bells and whistles, and Apple didn't provide a price tag for that behemoth. The Mac Pro will start at $5,999 for an eight-core Intel Xeon processors, 32GB of RAM, an AMD Radeon 580X graphics card, a 256GB SSD, and it'll be available in the fall of 2019. Advertisement
This story is developing...
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19
- Indian and Chinese army hold fresh talks to discuss disengagement in Depsang plains
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurates a 400-bed COVID-19 hospital in Noida