Apple Has Simple But Brilliant Cure For Spam Email
It's a cure for spam, the unwanted ransom emails we all get.
Spam has been out of control for years. It's not just marketing companies that acquire huge lists of email addresses. At times, 88% of all email traffic has been spam, mostly sue ot malware and bots.
Apple's system would fight junk email at the server level, allowing you to teach the server some cool anti-spam tricks.
For example, your main first-name-last-name email address could be kept safe under Apple's system by generating a disposable email address and giving that out instead of your main email. The disposable address is mapped to your main account, so emails sent to it would appear in your main account without any extra steps. Any replies you send would show up as having come from the disposable account.
Want more disposable addresses? Want to delete an old one if it becomes unusable? Apple's system would allow for that as well.
People have often used disposable accounts as a means of fighting spam, but Apple's system would enable you to continue checking a single inbox for all your communication.
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Laid-off Google employees are turning to a Discord server with nearly 18,000 members for emotional support and financial advice
- Twitter sued by advisory firm for not paying $1.9 mn as Musk deal fees
- Artist recycles e-waste from banks into 10-ft-tall statue
- Nine of top-10 firms add Rs 1.88 lakh cr in m-cap; ITC biggest gainer
- India biggest exporter of vaccines, mobile phones: Union Minister Thakur
- 'Waste to wonder' park coming up in Agra