Apple is changing how read receipts work in the new Messages app
Apple is giving you more flexibility with how you use read receipts.
When iOS 10 is made available to everyone this fall, the new Messages app will let you enable and disable read receipts on a per-conversation basis.
Read receipts, which infamously tell the other person when you've read an incoming text, have to be enabled or disabled for all conversations in the Messages app currently.
Once you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 10 later this year, you'll be able to enable or disable read receipts by tapping on the top right "Details" button next to the name of who you're messaging. The option to send read receipts will be available under existing options to share your location and enable Do Not Disturb for notifications.
- Byju's says Aakash acquisition on track after reports that it has failed to pay up
- 11,000 and counting — that’s how bad startup job losses are after Ola, WhiteHat Jr & 22 others cut costs
- South Indians crack the most office jokes in India, says survey
- After groceries in 10 minutes, most Indians want their shoes delivered in 2 hours
- Here’s how much stake Reliance, Meta, Google and others have in Jio Platforms