Apple just announced a new Apple Watch with an always-on display for the first time ever
- Apple announced a new Apple Watch Series 5 on Tuesday during the company's annual September event.
- The new Apple Watch Series 5 supports an always-on display that lets you glance at the time and your complications without having to raise your wrist or tap the display to wake it.
- The Apple Watch Series 5 will still have the same 18-hour battery life as previous models, despite the new feature.
- Apple added a new compass app and functionality, and it supports international emergency calling for emergencies abroad.
- The Apple Watch Series 5 will start at $400 for the GPS models, and starting at $500 for the cellular models. They'll be in stores starting September 20.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple announced a new Apple Watch Series 5 on Tuesday during the company's annual September event at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California.
The Apple Watch Series 5 supports an always-on display for the first time, a feature that wasn't available on previous Apple Watch models. That means the display will always be turned on for quick glances at the time and your complications.
Raising your wrist or tapping the Apple Watch Series 5 display will raise the brightness.
Apple managed to keep the Apple Watch's 18-hour battery life even with the new always-on display with a power-efficient "LTPO" display that can vary its refresh rate from 1Hz to 60Hz. The Apple Watch Series 5 also has better sensors and power management.
Apple added a compass app and functionality to the Apple Watch Series 5 as well.
The Apple Watch Series 5 will support international emergency calling, which can be useful for emergencies abroad.
Apple unveiled new options for the Apple Watch Series 5, including a model with a titanium case in silver and brushed black, as well as a new white ceramic option. The Apple Watch Series 5 will start at $400 for the GPS models, and $500 for the cellular models. They'll be in stores starting September 20.
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x
- After JP Morgan, Indian bonds set to enter other global bond indices; capital raising for infra push to get a boost
- 10 calcium-rich foods to ward Off calcium deficiency
- Amazon introduces next-gen of Echo smart devices with new-age AI