Apple just released a huge new update for iPhones - here's what's new
The Cupertino-based company today began rolling out iOS 10.3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Among a few notable updates is the ability for AirPods owners to use Find My iPhone to play a sound on one or both AirPods if they are having trouble finding them, or view the last location where they were synced with their if they are feared lost.
The latest update for the six-month-old mobile operating system also features added functionality for Siri, allowing it to access payment apps in order to pay and check the status of bills. The virtual assistant will now also be able to interact with automaker's apps and check your car's fuel level and lock status, as well as operate the lights and activate your horn.
And in perhaps one of the most demanded updates, Siri will now provide cricket scores and statistics for the Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
Here are other useful changes included in iOS 10.3:
- Siri now supports scheduling with ride booking apps
- CarPlay will display shortcuts in the status bar for your last used apps
- CarPlay's Apple Music Now Playing display will give you access to Up Nex as well as the currently playing song's album
- CarPlay will feature daily curated playlists and new music categories in Apple Music
- iTunes video rentals can now be watched across all your devices, rather than just the one you rented it on
- You can now share episodes from the Podcasts app through Messages with full playback support
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route
- Fuel your weight gain journey with these 7 drinks