Apple's Latest Acquisition Has Officially Shut Down Its Radio Service
Dave Smith / Business Insider
When you try to play a radio station or podcast, you'll receive the following message:
Thank you so much for supporting Swell. We want to inform you that Swell is no longer available. We've been inspired by the opportunity to create a quality product and are so grateful for your support. For more information, please visit the Swell website at www.swell.am.
Swell previously raised $7.2 million from investors including Google Ventures, DFJ, and InterWest Partners.
Re/code reported that Apple paid $30 million for Swell.
The company was previously working on a version of Swell for Android, but that's obviously not going to happen.
Click here to learn more about Swell and how it will fit into Apple's ecosystem.
- Unicorns and startups should prepare for a longer funding winter, says SoftBank's Masayoshi Son
- Lok Sabha passes Energy Conservation Bill to promote non-fossil fuels
- Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
- Less than 50% of children able to catch up with age-appropriate learning, claims survey
- Mukesh Ambani is all set to do a ‘Jio’ with green energy