Azim Premji leads an investment in Indo-US startup Icertis, turns it into a unicorn
- SaaS platform
Icertishas raised $115 million, and is the latest entrant into the unicornclub.
- The startup has raised the funding from
Azim Premji’s Premji Investand US-based VC firm Greycroft.
- Earlier in June, another SaaS platform
Druvahad raised funds to be a unicorn.
AdvertisementIndia and US-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform Icertis is the latest startup to join the unicorn club following a funding from Azim Premji’s Premji Invest and US-based VC firm Greycroft. The startup has raised $115 million in its latest fundraising.
With its total funding standing at $211 million, the company, which offers contract management, has raced past the $1 billion mark in value, to enter the unicorn club.
The startup has 5.7 million contracts so far across 90 countries. Its clients include Adobe, Airtel, Cognizant, Infosys, Microsoft and others.
According to reports, with the new funds, the company will invest in building new technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence and machine learning. It also plans to expand its global presence.
In June 2019, another Indo-US-based SaaS startup Druva had entered the unicorn club after raising $130 million in a round led by Viking Global Investors and Nexus Venture Partners.
Meanwhile, Premji Invest, which is the family office of Azim Premji, has been investing since 2006 and has placed its bets across 40 countries.
Azim Premji announces four technologies that Wipro will focus on as he bid adieu
Popular on BI
- The rising affluence of small town consumers driving demand for premium products
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore