Banks closed today, queues get longer at ATMs
Scuffle and heated exchanges were reported from ATMs and banks from many parts of the country.
Many sections of the society including small traders, restaurant owners, transporters etc started feeling the heat as the dependence on cash is very high.
Banks are unable to service as heavy rush making it difficult to handle the situation.
After government issued advisory banks have started making special arrangement for elderly and physically challenged.
In a bid to provide convenience to people, the
To augment cash supplies, newly printed hard-to-fake Rs 500 notes were also released in the market.
After a review by
AdvertisementCash withdrawal limit at ATMs was hiked to Rs 2,500 from Rs 2,000 a day.
Popular on BI
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Bobby Deol's 'Animal' enters ₹100 crore club in 2 days
- Another Reddy rises in Telangana as KCR’s party routed in the state
- Voters of Telangana wanted a change, says Karnataka Dy CM Shivakumar
- Ladli Behna scheme a game-changer, credit to Shivraj Chouhan: Jyotiraditya Scindia as BJP sweeps MP