Banks closed today, queues get longer at ATMs
Scuffle and heated exchanges were reported from ATMs and banks from many parts of the country.
Many sections of the society including small traders, restaurant owners, transporters etc started feeling the heat as the dependence on cash is very high.
Banks are unable to service as heavy rush making it difficult to handle the situation.
After government issued advisory banks have started making special arrangement for elderly and physically challenged.
In a bid to provide convenience to people, the
To augment cash supplies, newly printed hard-to-fake Rs 500 notes were also released in the market.
After a review by
AdvertisementCash withdrawal limit at ATMs was hiked to Rs 2,500 from Rs 2,000 a day.
Popular on BI
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World