Barack and Michelle Obama have signed a multi-year deal with Netflix to make original shows and movies
Former president Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama have signed a multi-year deal with Netflix to produce original shows and movies for the company, Netflix announced on Monday.
The deal will potentially include "scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features," the company said in a tweet.
The New York Times first reported in March that Barack and Michelle Obama were in talks with Netflix for a deal.
President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have entered into a multi-year agreement to produce films and series for Netflix, potentially including scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features.- Netflix US (@netflix) May 21, 2018
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala