Barack Obama Gave Netflix A Giant Endorsement Last Night
How cool is this for Netflix? The President of the United States tweeted out that he can't wait to watch the second season of its original series, "House Of Cards."
Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please.- Barack Obama (@BarackObama) February 13, 2014
House of Cards was Netflix's first big bold bet on original shows. It outbid HBO to win the rights to the show.
It was no guarantee. Nothing in TV is. But, it worked out. House of Cards has been a smash hit. At the time Netflix won the rights to House of Cards, its stock was at ~$246. It crashed a few months later, down to ~$58. Today it's at $436, thanks in part to the success of shows like House of Cards
In technology and media, there's this weird sensation of change happening really quickly, and really slowly at the same time. Netflix has been evolving for years, but the success of House of Cards feels very sudden. Three years ago, Netflix had very little original programming. Now it has a lineup that rivals HBO.
Netflix is an amazing, and disruptive company. It is really the first company to successfully do web-only TV programming. Just about every other company that tried before Netflix failed.
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- JPMorgan Chase thought it had $1.3 million worth of nickel stored in a warehouse. A closer examination revealed bags of stones.
- Meet Rekha Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, the top Indian entrant in 2023 M3M Hurun Global Rich List
- Cyrus Poonawalla’s wealth grows as his health empire remains unlisted
- Adani Airports following investments as per plans submitted to govt: CEO
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping departs Russia but fails to achieve breakthrough in Ukraine conflict
- Healthcare, consumer goods minted the most Indian dollar billionaires