Belmont Stakes 2018: The 6 horses with the best shot at spoiling Justify's Triple Crown run
Rob Carr/Getty Images
This Saturday will mark the 150th running of the Belmont Stakes, with Justify looking to continue his undefeated streak and make history, building on his dominant performances at the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
Racing against him will be nine other horses eager to spoil the day, with some familiar faces among the contenders as well as a few new horses running on fresh legs hoping to catch Justify sleeping.
While the cheering public will merely be rooting for Justify to complete the historic feat, it's no secret that the extra distance of the Belmont Stakes makes for an unpredictable final stretch where anything can happen. Below we break down the six horses with the best odds to upset Justify on Saturday.
Can Justify hold them off?
More Triple Crown 2018:
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4% in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6%
- Fiscal deficit at Jan-end touches 63.6% of full year target: Govt data
- Cabinet approves 3 semiconductor fab units, to generate 80,000 jobs
- RIL shares climb nearly 1% after announcing mega merger
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January