Ben Affleck explains why he almost said no to 'Batman'
During an appearance on Thursday's "Conan," the actor described his first reaction to receiving the phone call from director Zack Snyder.
When he was thinking the movie would portray the superhero's origin story, Affleck said, "I'm not that Batman."
But Snyder's description changed his mind.
"Zack was like, 'No, no, no. This guy's older and he's really f--ked up and he's broken down and he's on the edge of moral bankruptcy,'" Affleck said.
"I'm clearly your man. Say no more," the actor joked.
Affleck said he was excited to portray the Frank Miller version of Batman.
As for his Superman costar, Henry Cavill, Cavill missed his initial call for "Man of Steel" because he was playing "World of Warcraft."
Watch the video below:
- Wild video shows Florida police officers wrangling a huge alligator in the middle of the street
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- White House refuses to pay for Twitter's Blue verification: Report
- Italy bans ChatGPT, orders investigation over privacy breach
- IISc researchers design tiny supercapacitor capable of storing large amount of electric charge
- India exported military hardware worth ₹15,920 crore in 2022-23: Rajnath
- From Citadel to Ponniyin Selvan 2: a look at the shows & movies releasing in April