Bengaluru public transport service takes cue from Ola and Uber; slashes fares
Bengaluru Municipal Transport Corporation (
The public transport service is all set to reduce fares for its AC buses while also introducing flat rates on some routes like Kempegowda International Airport, three BMTC officials.
Also read: You may find it difficult to opt for carpool in Bengaluru. Here’s why
While it would decrease the minimum fare from Rs 15 to Rs 10, it would also make cuts in rates for successive stages, which fall at roughly two kms or three bus-stands.
Talking of non AC buses, there would be no change in the minimum ticket price, but for the second stage, the price would most likely drop to Rs 10 from Rs 12. There is no plan to change the fare for successive stages of non AC buses, or daily and monthly passes.
Also read: Four-member mounted patrol will now guard Bengaluru streets
There have been several demonstrations by Bengalureans regarding reduction in these fares and increase in BMTC’s fleet, given that Bengaluru ranks second only after Mumbai when it comes to public transport fares.
Also read: Shout out to Indian cities! Look what Bengaluru is doing to fight pollution
(Image source Automotive Telematics in India)
- Best budget Smart TV in India
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study
- SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi's term extended for a second time till February 2020