Best Samsung phones under ₹ 10,000
|Model name||Samsung Galaxy M20||Samsung Galaxy M10||Samsung Galaxy A10|
|Price||₹ 9,990||₹ 8,990||₹ 7,980|
|Front (Selfie) Camera||8MP||5MP||5MP|
|Rear Camera||13MP + 5MP||13MP + 5MP||13MP|
|Processor||Samsung Exynos 7904 Octa||Samsung Exynos 7 Octa||Samsung Exynos 7 Octa|
|Storage||32 GB||32 GB||32GB|
|Battery||5,000 mAh||3,400 mAh||3,400 mAh|
Samsung Galaxy M20
Samsung’s brand power has been waning under the pressure from Chinese smartphone manufacturers entering the Indian market with aggressive pricing. The South Korean companý’s M-series is different from the usual devices that Samsung launches. It’s the first phone by the company in the budget segment that brings in the water-drop style ‘infinity-v’ notch up top.
It’s also the first phone by Samsung to feature the Exynos 7904 — Samsung’s own chip set with quad core processing.
The phone’s biggest advantage is that it has a 5,000 mAh battery that will last well over a day. And, since it’s a massive battery Samsung also bundles in a 15W charger, which chargers your phone relatively faster than the conventional 10W charger.
The Samsung Galaxy M20 has a dual rear camera setup that turns out decent photographs but isn’t spared from the barrel effect where, in certain photos, the difference in the pixels captured by the primary sensor and the secondary depth-sensor can be seen.
Overall, it’s Samsung’s best offering for under ₹ 10,000 in the Indian market right now.
Samsung Galaxy M10
The other M-series smartphone by Samsung that’s under ₹ 10,000 is the Samsung Galaxy M10. In comparison to its counterpart, the Samsung Galaxy M20, cuts down on the selfie camera, battery and screen size to compensate for the ₹ 1,000 difference.
Also, there’s no fingerprint sensor — a feature that didn’t necessarily need to be removed.
As the case is with the Samsung M20, the design is modern but doesn’t stand out from the crowd. That says more about how room to change designs in limited than about Samsung’s innovative design skills.
This form is solid choice in the under ₹ 10,000 segment by Samsung but the viewing experience is a little underwhelming despite the phone’s HD plus screen.
Samsung Galaxy A10
The simplest of the Samsung A-series phones, the Samsung Galaxy A10 has a lot of strong features for a phone that’s under ₹ 10,000. The only underwhelming specification is the phone’s 2GB RAM.
AdvertisementThe 13MP primary camera and the 5MP front camera performs at par with its competitors and Samsung’s over saturation of color reproduction in photos works in the brand’s favour with this phone.
Popular on BI
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India
- India issues notice to Pak seeking review, modification of Indus Waters Treaty
- Locals protest in Joshimath against slow pace of efforts to save town
- Cyber criminals syndicate operating from China and Dubai unearthed, had cheated 11,000
- Bank unions defer Jan 30-31 strike