Bill Cosby found guilty in sexual assault trial
Associated Press/Matt Rourke
He was found guilty on three counts of aggravated indecent assault. The conviction could put him in prison for up to 10 years on each count.
A jury panel of seven men and five women deliberated for around 14 hours before delivering the verdict.
The 80-year-old comedian was accused of drugging and violating a woman at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004.
Prosecutors used Cosby's past admissions about drugs and sex as well as the testimony of five other women to help bolster accuser Andrea Constand's allegations. Cosby's lawyers argued Constand leveled false accusations against Cosby so she could sue him and extract a huge civil settlement.
It's the only criminal case to arise from allegations from more than 60 women.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP