Bill Gates is backing an app that helps you keep track of the things your friends like
John Lamparski/Getty Images
- Bill Gates has backed an app called Likewise, which helps users get recommendations from people they know.
- The app launched in the US and Canada on Wednesday, and credits Gates as an investor and its "ultimate beta tester."
- The idea for Likewise was apparently thought up in Gates' private office by managing partner Larry Cohen.
Bill Gates is backing an app that helps people keep track of their friends' recommendations.
Called Likewise, it launched in the US and Canada on Wednesday. It allows you to follow friends and see what kind of things they recommend, like favourite restaurants or books.
Gates tweeted that he had "a lot of fun working with the team at Likewise," but the extent of his involvement in developing the app is unclear.
According to a press statement, the idea for Likewise was developed in Gates' private office by the app's managing partner, Larry Cohen.
Likewise named Gates as an investor and "the ultimate beta tester," which suggests that Gates had personal input on the app's design.
Business Insider has contacted Likewise to ask exactly what input Gates had in the app's development.
.@Likewise is a great new app that makes it easy to save and share recommendations with friends and family. It's been a lot of fun working with the team at Likewise, and I'm excited to see what you think of it. https://t.co/P1n0iEk0UK- Bill Gates (@BillGates) October 3, 2018
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round