Exclusive: BlaBlaCar is zooming ahead in India. Clear the way!
Entering a market that is already highly competitive with players like
“Cheaper service and availability are the main business strategies in India. In Europe we have already made our mark as the cheapest ride sharing service for long distances too, in India it is more about the availability than the price,” said Raghav, India country manager of BlaBla car.
He added that the main challenge is explaining to people what this is, as it is a new concept. But their numbers speak a different truth. During the odd-even rule in Delhi, they had a 65% increase in their services.
“We will start integrating Goverment ID to authentic the identity in the platform soon,” he said.
Popular on BI
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months