BMW takes on Mercedes by planning to launch 40 models over next two years
Also read: BMW wants to have a driverless car ready by 2021 - here's what it could look like
In its biggest rollout so far, the Munich-based manufacturer will be launching these variants over the coming two years.
Last year, BMW’s profitability fell to a six year low, owing to sales trailing behind
Also read: BMW-backed car rental startup raises $10 million in Series A round
"We are launching the biggest model offensive ever," Chief Executive Officer Harald Krueger told Bloomberg. "We have started a transformation unlike anything our company has seen before."
Krueger is said to be focusing more on profitability than on sales so that resources for a costly shift to self-driving cars can be saved.
(Image source: AutoEvaluation)
Popular on BI
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Highest strike rate in IPL 2023: Rahane beats Jaiswal; SKY only Indian in top four
- Godrej Group arm to invest ₹100 crore to acquire material handling equipment to be rented out
- These are must to do activities in Lonavala on your next visit
- Inox Wind gets 150-MW wind energy project from NTPCREL
- RBI’s gold holdings jump over 17% to a whopping ₹2,30,734 crore