Budget 2020 new Allocations and Provisions in different sectors
- What is the Defence budget of India in 2020?
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's announced to keep a ₹4.71 lakh crore budget for Defence for FY 2020-21.
- What is the
Health budgetin 2020?
The Finance Minister has announced a budget of ₹67,116 crore for Health sector during the
Union Budget 2020session.
- What is the
Education budgetin 2020?
Education sector has been allocated ₹99,300 crore of the total budget for FY 2020-21. Finance Minister Sitharaman has proposed to launch Ind-SAT exam for Asian and African students. Out of the total share for Education, ₹3,000 crore is reserved for Skill Development.
- What is the
income tax slabfor 2020?
Budget 2020 lays down changes in the different tax slabs for FY 2020-21. There will be no tax levied on annual income upto ₹5 lakh. However, if you cross that threshold, then tax will be charged for income above ₹2.5 lakh.
Income Previous Tax Rate New Tax Rate Up to ₹2.5 lakh Nil Nil ₹2.5 lakh to ₹5 lakh 5% 5% ₹5 lakh to ₹7.5 lakh 20% 10% ₹7.5 lakh to ₹10 lakh 20% 15% ₹10 lakh to ₹12.5 lakh 30% 20% ₹12.5 lakh to ₹15 lakh 30% 25% Above ₹15 lakh 30% 30%
- How much we can save under 80C in 2020?
budget 2020keeps the deduction upto ₹1.5 lakh under section 80C. This means the taxpayers can reduce upto ₹1.5 lakh from the total taxable income.
- What is the total budget of India in 2020?
The government has proposed to spend a total of ₹30.42 lakh crore in FY 2020-21, the expenditure figure was ₹27.86 lakh crore in FY 2019-20.
- What is the
Agriculture budgetin 2020?
Agriculture, Irrigation and Farmers' welfare sectors have been allocated a budget of ₹1.60 lakh crore in FY 2020-21.
- What is the budget for Swachh Bharat Mission in 2020?
₹12,300 crore has been allocated to Swachh Bharat Mission for the FY 2020-21.
- What is the budget for Jal Jeevan Mission in 2020?
₹11,500 crore has been allocated to Jal Jivan Mission for FY 2020-21.
- What is the budget for Textile industry in 2020?
Union Budget 2020 allocates ₹1,400 crore to Textile industry for FY 2020-21.
- What is the budget for Dept. of Industry and Commerce in 2020?
₹27,300 crore has been allocated for Dept. of Industry and Commerce in FY 2020-21.
- What is the Railways budget for India in 2020?
The government has proposed to spend ₹72,216 crore on Railways & Transportation sectors in FY 2020-21. Railways budget has not been stated separately.
- What is the Power & Renewable budget in 2020?
₹22,000 crore has been allocated for Power & Renewable sector for FY 2020-21.
- What is the BharatNet Program budget in 2020?
₹6000 crore has been allocated to BharatNet Program during the Union Budget 2020 proposal. 1 Lakh Gram Panchayats to be linked with BharatNet in 2020.
- What is the budget for Nutrition related plans in 2020?
The government plans to spend ₹35,600 crore over Nutrition related plans in FY 2020-21.
- What is the Tourism budget in 2020?
₹2,500 crore has been allocated to Culture & Tourism sector for FY 2020-21.
- What is the budget for Women centric programs in 2020?
₹28,600 crore has been allocated to Women centric programs in FY 2020-21.
- What is the budget for Scheduled Tribes in 2020?
₹53,700 crore has been allocated for Scheduled Tribes in FY 2020-21.
- What is the budget for Scheduled Castes & OBCs in 2020?
The government plans to spend ₹85,000 crore for Scheduled Castes & OBCs in FY 2020-21.
- What is the Pollution control budget in 2020?
Union Budget 2020 proposes ₹4,400 crore for Pollution control during FY 2020-21. During the budget speech, Sitharaman advised to shut Thermal Power units if the emission levels went above limit.
- What is the Transport budget in 2020?
₹1.7 lakh crore has been allocated for Transport Infrastructure for the upcoming Financial year.
- What is the Senior Citizens' welfare budget in 2020?
Union Budget 2020 keeps a budget of ₹9,500 crore for Handicapped and Senior Citizens' and welfare for FY 2020-21.
- What is the Rural Development Budget in 2020?
₹1,22,398 crore have been allocated during this budget session to Rural Development and Panchayati Raj for FY 2020-21.
Budget 2020 Highlights
Health Budget 2020
Education Budget 2020
- Former Assam CM Tarun Gogoi passes away at 84 due to post-COVID complications
- Fine for not wearing masks in Goa increased to ₹200
- Here's why former RBI governor Rajan and former deputy Acharya believe the plan to allow corporations to own banks is a 'bad idea'
- Maharashtra government wants a COVID-19 negative test report from passengers coming from Delhi, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Goa
- Himachal Pradesh imposes night curfew in Shimla, Kullu, Mandi and Kangra districts, educational institutes to remain shut till December 31