Indian government infuses ₹22000 crore in power and renewable, proposes freedom to choose supplier
- The government has proposed to replace traditional meters with digital meters in the next three years.
- This will allow consumers to port out of a service provide (selling power) just like they port out of a mobile service provide.
The government has proposed to replace traditional meters with digital meters in the next three years. This will allow consumers to port out of a service provide (selling power) just like they port out of a mobile service provider. Competitive pressure to increase on companies like Tata Power and Adani Power.
Apart from this, she also proposed the setting up of large solar power capacity alongside rail tracks and said that more Tejas- type trains will be introduced to connect tourist destinations. She said that the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway will be completed by 2023 and that the Chennai-Bengaluru Expressway will also be launched.
"1,150 trains will be run in PPP mode, also four stations will be redeveloped with the help of private sector. 550 wi-fi facilities have been commissioned at railway stations," the FM said.
Check live budget updates here
Popular on BI
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again