Bajaj Auto just posted a ‘record quarter’ as pent up demand brings highest ever sales for its signature bikes – Pulsar and Boxer
- Bajaj Auto has posted the highest ever profit-after-tax for a quarter at ₹1,556 crore.
- The company's revenue grew by 17% during the third quarter of the current financial year to ₹8,910 crore.
- The Rajiv Bajaj-led company beat market expectations and reported an EBITDA margin increase of 1.4%.
The world's most valuable two-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto said the quarter ended December 31, has been a "record quarter for the company".
View all Offers
View all Offers
Amazon Brand - Solimo Accord Chair (Fabric ,black,1 Piece)₹ 4799₹ 9000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Medusa Engineered Wood Wardrobe with Mirror Wenge , 2 Doors₹ 8809₹ 15000Buy On
- 72% OFF
Savya home® Multi-Purpose New Laptop Table/Bed Table/Wooden Foldable Bed Table/LAPDESK/Study Table/Portable Table (Black Silver)₹ 699₹ 2500Buy On
- 39% OFF
AVRO FURNITURE 7756 Plastic Chair | Set of 4 | Matt and Gloss Pattern | for Dining Room, Bedroom, Kitchen, Living Room | Bearing Capacity up to 150Kg | Strong & Sturdy Structure | 1 Year Guarantee₹ 2729₹ 2999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alpha Engineered Wood 4-Door Wardrobe (Espresso Finish)₹ 19049₹ 33499Buy On
For the first time in the history of 75 years, its turnover breached the ₹9,000 crore mark, while it also recorded the highest ever profit-after-tax of ₹1,556 crore.
The Rajiv Bajaj-led company beat market expectations and reported an EBITDA margin increase of 1.4%, driven by higher operating leverage and better product mix.
Even while its three-wheeler market continues to stay under pressure, Bajaj’s overall sales were up by 9% on a yearly basis. The jump in Bajaj’s revenue is all thanks to the high sales of its signature two-wheelers – Pulsar and Boxer.
|Component||Units sold in Q3FY21|
Bajaj is witnessing a fast recovery in key international markets of Africa, Latin America and others. Its exports for the quarter alone stood at 687,000 units, despite a shortage of containers in the past three months.
Meanwhile, the share price of Bajaj Auto has risen nearly 3% on January 21, as investors cheered robust growth during the quarter.
The stock has jumped nearly 28% since September 30. The stock also achieved a milestone in December after its market value crossed the ₹1 lakh crore ($14 billion) mark on the Indian stock exchanges.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: INTERVIEW: Joe Biden may be as harsh as Donald Trump if India insists on buying S-400 missiles from Russia, says a Washington D.C-based expert
Warburg Pincus-backed Home First Finance’s ₹1,153 crore IPO has opened as markets hope budget will push for affordable housing
Popular on BI
- HUL spent Rs 1,193 crore on advertising between October and December 2021
- Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant and Ravichandran Ashwin included in ICC Men's Test team of the Year 2021
- One in five Urban Company professionals took home at least ₹38,000 a month, claims the company
- Rythu Bandhu scheme - Telangana government deposits ₹7,400 crore into the bank accounts of 62 lakh farmers
- As tepid two wheeler sales hurt Bajaj Auto’s profitability, stock slides 4%