Best upcoming electric and hybrid cars in India in August 2022
- Rising fuel prices have increased the country’s popularity of electric and hybrid cars.
- Tata Motors, Mercedes, and
Hyundaiare among the companies expected to launch their electric and hybrid cars this month.
- This post looks at the upcoming electric and hybrid cars expected to launch in India this month.
AdvertisementElectric and hybrid cars have started to become popular over the years, thanks to rising fuel prices and improved battery technology that has helped increase the range and lower charging times.
Automakers are now regularly launching electric and hybrid cars and not just focusing on petrol and diesel options. Automakers like Tata Motors, Mercedes, Hyundai, and Toyota are among the companies that are expected to launch new electric and hybrid cars in the country this month.
This list looks at some of the cars expected to launch in India in August 2022.
Best upcoming electric and hybrid cars
Mercedes AMG EQS 53 4Matic+
The premium EQS electric sedan from Mercedes, the Mercedes AMG EQS 53 4Matic+ is scheduled to launch in India on August 24. The car is equipped with a 120kWh battery pack and offers a range of up to 570 km on a single charge. It comes with a top speed of 220 km per hour and goes from 0 to 100 km per hour in just 3.8 seconds.
Tata Altroz EV
Tata Motors is all set to introduce the Altroz EV, the company’s latest electric vehicle in the country. The car is expected to borrow features from its sibling Nexon EV and come with the same power train and battery pack. It is expected to be priced at around ₹10 lakh, so it will be cheaper than the Nexon EV.
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder
The Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder is currently available for pre-orders in the country and is expected to be unveiled in the second half of the month. It is based on Suzuki's Global C platform. It is equipped with a 1.5-liter petrol engine and a 59kW motor which will deliver a combined output of 115 hp. It is also expected to be priced at around ₹10 lakh.
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Grand Brezza Hybrid
Hyundai Kona Facelift
This month, Hyundai is expected to introduce the Kona Facelift, the company’s latest electric car in India. The car is a revamped version of its first electric car in the country. It is expected to be equipped with a 39.2kWh battery pack and offer a range of up to 304 km on a single charge. The premium SUV is expected to be priced around ₹25 lakh.
Mahindra electric cars
Mahindra is expected to unveil 5 electric cars on August 15, including a concept car. The company has scheduled the announcement to coincide with the country’s Independence Day celebrations. We should know more about these cars in the coming days.
Hyundai IONIQ 5
Hyundai is also expected to introduce the IONIQ 5, based on the E-GMP platform as the Kia EV6. It is expected to be available in two variants – a 58kWh battery variant with a range of 384 km and a 72.6 kWh variant with a range of 481 km. It is expected to be priced at around ₹45 lakh.
Maruti Suzuki net profit zooms 2x even as high commodity prices stress margins
Five upcoming cars in August 2022
Toyota Hyryder vs Maruti Grand Vitara: How different are they?
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared
- Adani Transmission becomes first group company to hit ₹4 lakh crore market cap
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- Your milk will now get dearer as Mother Dairy and Amul raise prices by ₹2 per litre