The iconic Bajaj Chetak makes a grand e-comeback with a price tag of over ₹1 lakh
- The e-scooter also comes with a heavy price tag of over ₹1 lakh and will be available in two variants – Urbane and Premium.
- After a full charge, the scooter can run for five hours.
- Being a fully connected scooter, it will also give notifications in case of an accident of unauthorized access.
AdvertisementAlmost every Indian has a childhood memory attached to the iconic
It has been unveiled under Bajaj’s new electric vehicle vertical called Urbanite.
The e-scooter however comes with a heavy price tag of over ₹1 lakh and will be available in two variants – Urbane and Premium. The premium scooter will be available at an ex-showroom price of ₹1.5 lakh. It will be initially available in Pune and Bengaluru.
The scooter will also come with an in-built charger and will support the normal 5-ampere home power outlet.
Calling it a fully connected scooter, Chetak will also give the user information like charging status, and location details. It will also give out notifications in case of an accident of unauthorized access.
On the style front, Bajaj has brought in front disc brake, chrome plated bezels, metallic colour wheels and a designer stitch seat.
Chetak’s launch comes at a time when the auto industry is trying hard to recover from a slowdown. However, even in the middle of the auto slowdown, Bajaj has managed to improve its sales.
According to an Emkay report, Bajaj’s expected revenue from Q3FY20 stands at ₹77,676 million, a 5% year-on-year jump from the same quarter in the previous year.
AdvertisementA 79-year iconic scooter brand is taking an electric avatar - but it will not be called Bajaj
Popular on BI
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley