The iconic Bajaj Chetak makes a grand e-comeback with a price tag of over ₹1 lakh
- The e-scooter also comes with a heavy price tag of over ₹1 lakh and will be available in two variants – Urbane and Premium.
- After a full charge, the scooter can run for five hours.
- Being a fully connected scooter, it will also give notifications in case of an accident of unauthorized access.
It has been unveiled under Bajaj’s new electric vehicle vertical called Urbanite.
The e-scooter however comes with a heavy price tag of over ₹1 lakh and will be available in two variants – Urbane and Premium. The premium scooter will be available at an ex-showroom price of ₹1.5 lakh. It will be initially available in Pune and Bengaluru.
AdvertisementThe new Chetak comes with an IP67-rated 3kWh (48V, 60.3 AH) lithium-ion battery, with a shelf life of 70,000 km. After a full charge, the scooter can run for five hours.
The scooter will also come with an in-built charger and will support the normal 5-ampere home power outlet.
Calling it a fully connected scooter, Chetak will also give the user information like charging status, and location details. It will also give out notifications in case of an accident of unauthorized access.
On the style front, Bajaj has brought in front disc brake, chrome plated bezels, metallic colour wheels and a designer stitch seat.
Chetak’s launch comes at a time when the auto industry is trying hard to recover from a slowdown. However, even in the middle of the auto slowdown, Bajaj has managed to improve its sales.
According to an Emkay report, Bajaj’s expected revenue from Q3FY20 stands at ₹77,676 million, a 5% year-on-year jump from the same quarter in the previous year.
A 79-year iconic scooter brand is taking an electric avatar - but it will not be called Bajaj
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- The best wildlife photos of the year show a curious grizzly, dueling reindeer, and fish swimming through a cloud of sperm
- Trading app Public lists shiba inu coin on its trading platform as the Robinhood rival broadens crypto offerings
- Best artificial flowers for living room decoration in India
- This Ethereum-based metaverse is letting crypto fans own land on the Red Planet, even though international space laws would disagree
- Unemployment rate in India sees a dip after a month
- L&T aims to become carbon neutral by 2040 and here's how
- Paytm may drop its pre-IPO sale as advisors recommend lower valuation