Chinese auto giant and SUV leader Great Wall Motors is set for an India debut, which could be a threat to MG Motors
Great Wall Motorsis set to showcase its Haval brand in the upcoming Auto Show 2020.
- GWM’s India twitter page also showcases the Ora electric car – which is the world’s cheapest EV, however its launch in India is not confirmed.
GWM’s entry in India, could make things complicated for MG Motors.
Namaste India! All set for great things ahead… #GWMinIndia https://t.co/ljvqprRvD2— GWMIndia (@GwmIndia) 1577853083000
But GWM’s entry in India, could make things complicated for MG Motors. MG Motors, the iconic British company which is now owned by Chinese SAIC, has had a sweet run in India so far, with MG Hector becoming a bestseller in the market. It had also recently launched its electric SUV MG ZS EV.
GWM’s India twitter page also showcases the Ora electric car – which is the world’s cheapest EV, however its launch in India is not confirmed.
In 2016, GWM had put its first step into the Indian market by setting up a R&D centre in Bengaluru. Since then, several rumours had been doing the rounds about its supposed entry in the Indian SUV market.
And now, after four years, the auto giant is reportedly looking for land in Gujarat for a manufacturing facility while it also debuts in the auto show.
AdvertisementMG Motors’ 5G ready electric car will send low battery-over speeding alerts – and even understand Indian accent
Popular on BI
- Best laptops with 11th Gen Intel i5 processors
- Best laptops with 11th Gen Intel i7 processors
- Best gaming laptops with 11th Gen Intel processors
- Best FreeSync monitors for a smooth gaming experience
- Best condenser microphones to record podcasts, songs and more