Hero Electric sells close to 9K EV 2-wheelers in July, tops segment
Ather Energy sold just 1,279 EV two-wheelers for the full month of July from selling 3,829 vehicles in June -- a massive drop in numbers -- followed by
Ampere Vehicles Pvt Ltd, which sold 6,542 vehicles in June, saw a minor drop at 6,312 vehicles last month.
The drop in EV two-wheeler sales, according to industry experts, is due to the fear among consumers regarding the safety of EV two-wheelers in light of several battery fire and explosion incidents in the recent past.
The Ministry constituted a committee of experts to suggest safety standards for batteries, battery components, and related systems.
Based on the information of fire incidents available, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways issued a show-cause notice to the CEOs and MDs of the electric two-wheeler manufacturers concerned, to explain the reasons as to why the relevant sections of the
The Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA), which comes under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, said this week that it issued notices to four to five EV two-wheeler makers in the light of several complaints raised by the consumers over battery explosions and fire incidents.
The CCPA received several complaints from the EV two-wheeler buyers.
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has also been informed. A DRDO probe had revealed defects in battery cells as well as battery design in nearly all EV fires.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO :
Indian currency gains 23 paise to end at 79.02 against US dollar
India's second T20I against West Indies to start at 10pm IST due to delay in significant luggage arrival
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared
- Adani Transmission becomes first group company to hit ₹4 lakh crore market cap
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- Your milk will now get dearer as Mother Dairy and Amul raise prices by ₹2 per litre