Hero Motocorp shares decline as income tax raids dented company's image
The shares fell over 6 per cent to around Rs 2,150. However, it pared some of its losses later. At 2.16 p.m., it traded 2.8 per cent lower at Rs 2,231.
In late March, the Income Tax Department had conducted a search operation on the premises of Hero Motocorp in
The Income Tax Department has found alleged illegal business expenses of over Rs 800 crore and Rs 60 crore unaccounted cash used to purchase land in Delhi and role of shell companies after it raided the two-wheeler crop and two other groups, according to reports.
Since the start of 2022, the shares of the company fell 10 per cent, whereas 25 per cent in the past one year, data showed.
Here is a list of bank holidays in April 2022
These are the new changes in taxation that have kicked in from April 1
Popular on BI
- EAM Jaishankar meets Australian Intelligence chief Andrew Shearer on sidelines of Raisina Dialogue
- Sustainable Tourism Practices
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley