Hero Motocorp shares decline as income tax raids dented company's image
The shares fell over 6 per cent to around Rs 2,150. However, it pared some of its losses later. At 2.16 p.m., it traded 2.8 per cent lower at Rs 2,231.
In late March, the Income Tax Department had conducted a search operation on the premises of Hero Motocorp in
The Income Tax Department has found alleged illegal business expenses of over Rs 800 crore and Rs 60 crore unaccounted cash used to purchase land in Delhi and role of shell companies after it raided the two-wheeler crop and two other groups, according to reports.
Since the start of 2022, the shares of the company fell 10 per cent, whereas 25 per cent in the past one year, data showed.
Here is a list of bank holidays in April 2022
These are the new changes in taxation that have kicked in from April 1
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- I'm a software engineer who struggled with procrastination until I tried 'monk mode' — here's how it saves me up to 3 hours a day
- Here’s how to use Bing’s free Image Creator to generate AI images for free
- Back to the Moon: Space lawyer & planetary scientist tells us what it takes to share the benefits of lunar exploration
- Neal Mohan, Kalpesh Parmar & other Indian-origin CEOs heading global companies
- MSMEs on a growth path with rise in credit demand, fall in delinquency rates: CIBIL-SIDBI report
- Hindenburg report wipes out $526 million of Jack Dorsey's wealth