India’s largest car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki to increase price of cars from next month
Maruti Suzukisaid that the prices will vary for different models.
- However, it didn’t share the exact details of the price rise.
- Earlier in January 2021, Maruti Suzuki had announced a similar price increase.
“Over the past year the cost of company's vehicles has been impacted adversely due to increase in various input costs. Hence, it has become imperative for the company to pass on some impact of the above additional cost to customers through a price increase in April 2021,” the company said in a regulatory filing today.
The company added that the prices will vary for different models. However, it didn’t share the exact details of the price rise.
Earlier in January 2021, Maruti Suzuki had increased the prices for its cars. “The price change varies across models and ranges upto ₹34,000 (ex-Showroom – Delhi),” the company had said then.
The price rise comes at a time when Maruti Suzuki’s sales have stabilised after a year of troubled business due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In February 2021, the company saw a 11.8% growth in sales as compared to the same month the previous year. However, for the April-February period in 2021, Maruti’s total sales were 12.8% lower than the same duration the last year.
With an IPO on its plate, Barbeque Nation hopes to clear off some of its debt and double down on not just dining but its new delivery business
Your take-home salaries could shrink sharply from April with India’s new definition of wages — but companies are hoping for a delay
Popular on BI
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Aditya Birla AMC IPO’s grey market premium stands at ₹70 per share; up 10% from issue price band
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- You can restore recently deleted Instagram posts — here’s how to do it
- Thousands of gamers targeted in a new cyberattack – Epic Games, Steam, Origin, Telegram and other login sessions at risk
- DU admission 2021 — Checkout the cut-off list dates
- Here are the top ten most watched Netflix series
- Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals surges over 4% on reports of anti-dumping duty approval