India’s largest car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki to increase price of cars from next month
Maruti Suzukisaid that the prices will vary for different models.
- However, it didn’t share the exact details of the price rise.
- Earlier in January 2021, Maruti Suzuki had announced a similar price increase.
AdvertisementMaruti Suzuki, the largest automobile manufacturer in India, is set to increase the prices of its cars, effective from April 2021.
“Over the past year the cost of company's vehicles has been impacted adversely due to increase in various input costs. Hence, it has become imperative for the company to pass on some impact of the above additional cost to customers through a price increase in April 2021,” the company said in a regulatory filing today.
The company added that the prices will vary for different models. However, it didn’t share the exact details of the price rise.
Earlier in January 2021, Maruti Suzuki had increased the prices for its cars. “The price change varies across models and ranges upto ₹34,000 (ex-Showroom – Delhi),” the company had said then.
The price rise comes at a time when Maruti Suzuki’s sales have stabilised after a year of troubled business due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In February 2021, the company saw a 11.8% growth in sales as compared to the same month the previous year. However, for the April-February period in 2021, Maruti’s total sales were 12.8% lower than the same duration the last year.
With an IPO on its plate, Barbeque Nation hopes to clear off some of its debt and double down on not just dining but its new delivery business
Your take-home salaries could shrink sharply from April with India’s new definition of wages — but companies are hoping for a delay
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know