India’s largest car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki to increase price of cars from next month
Maruti Suzukisaid that the prices will vary for different models.
- However, it didn’t share the exact details of the price rise.
- Earlier in January 2021, Maruti Suzuki had announced a similar price increase.
“Over the past year the cost of company's vehicles has been impacted adversely due to increase in various input costs. Hence, it has become imperative for the company to pass on some impact of the above additional cost to customers through a price increase in April 2021,” the company said in a regulatory filing today.
The company added that the prices will vary for different models. However, it didn’t share the exact details of the price rise.
Earlier in January 2021, Maruti Suzuki had increased the prices for its cars. “The price change varies across models and ranges upto ₹34,000 (ex-Showroom – Delhi),” the company had said then.
The price rise comes at a time when Maruti Suzuki’s sales have stabilised after a year of troubled business due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In February 2021, the company saw a 11.8% growth in sales as compared to the same month the previous year. However, for the April-February period in 2021, Maruti’s total sales were 12.8% lower than the same duration the last year.
With an IPO on its plate, Barbeque Nation hopes to clear off some of its debt and double down on not just dining but its new delivery business
Your take-home salaries could shrink sharply from April with India’s new definition of wages — but companies are hoping for a delay
- ICICI Bank, Tech Mahindra, Nestle India and other hot stocks to track on April 20
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate